Hi, my name is Yulia. I am Russian. I’ve established Sip of Europe® in May of 2015. I like how my vision is described in this Yelp blog https://www.yelpblog.com/2017/06/small-biz-spotlight-sip-europe-portland/.
- Leah W. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> I would give this six stars if I could!First off, the owner is ADORABLE. I loved that she talked about the reason behind her business and that she channels her mother in at least one of her products.
- Kristi M. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> First, let’s start by saying that Yuli is just a pure delight. Her enthusiasm and bubbly personality are just what you look for in a shop – the kind of attitude that makes you want to return. Her passion for her business and the products that she is putting out came through in both her welcome and the actual presentation of food and drink that she so generously provided
- Averyl H. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> Our host, Yulia, was very enthusiastic, endearing and passionate about her offerings. I liked that she shared that she included her Russian mother’s recipe in what we were to sip and savor.
- Courtney C. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> Yulia the owner is super nice and I loved hearing her speak about the inspiration behind her restaurant and all of the food on the menu.
- Charles W. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> Yuli the owner was very enthusiastic and it shows in her food and drink.
- Chrissy H. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-taste-savor-and-sip-of-europe-portland> First of all, the owner, Yulia, is adorable and such a gracious hostess. You can actually taste her bubbly spirit and passion in every bite of crepe and sip of port wine milkshake- both of which were phenomenal!
- Courtney C. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-adventurous-dinner-party-portland> Yulia does it again!! The reviews and articles are right when they say Yulia is one of the main attractions of Sip of Europe. She is one nicest and generous business owners I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in Portland. She is a gem and I speak her and Sip of Europe’s wonders to anyone who will listen whenever I get the chance.
- Cookie T. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-adventurous-dinner-party-portland> Yulia could not have been more of a gracious and generous host. Yulia really is a dynamo – and probably one of the best imports Portland has ever had.
- Tracy A. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-adventurous-dinner-party-portland> But the highlight of the event, and obviously of Sip of Europe as a whole, is Yulia. Sweet, entertaining, personable and talented, Yulia made the night so enjoyable with her stories, jokes, insights and “teachable moments.” She is a joy.
- Brett F. From <https://www.yelp.com/biz/elite-event-yelps-adventurous-dinner-party-portland> I had heard that the owner, Yulia, was even more of an attraction at Sip of Europe than the delicious crepes, but I was skeptical. Name another Portland restaurant where the owner takes center stage? Well, I’m sold. Yulia is downright charming, and very funny.
I came to the USA for the first time in 2010 as a Work & travel student. I have been working in Old Orchard Beach for 3 summers in a row and every time I was really missing a good cup of aromatic coffee. While finishing my master’s degree of economic faculty in Russia I worked part time as a barista to gain experience in a big popular Russian coffee chain. When I mastered my skills I continued working part-time for popular Italian cafe- gelateria and two Italian restaurants all of which were based in St-Petersburg.
When I came back to the USA I was determined to become an entrepreneur rather than an over-qualified employee. I was delighted to have an opportunity to open my own coffee cart for the summer season of 2015.
Now I am even happier to go beyond 2.5 years milestone with the rating of my café averaging 4.9+ in Portland, city with a highly competitive scene of food establishment. I love traveling which means learning more about people, languages and places, trying to understand other culture. I enjoy sightseeing, trying local food and meeting interesting and fun people. When I have free time, I write the reviews on Tripadvisor (I am Yulia_S_gtmy there).
I also own the website about beautiful Russian city St. Petersburg, it is www.glad-to-meet-you.com. Welcome there as well!